Friday, June 3, 2011

Operation: Love ReUnited

For nearly six years, my husband has been an active duty Airman, and I've been incredibly proud of his service. We've gone through a nearly 7-month tour to Afghanistan, three PCS's ("moves") including overseas to Okinawa and back, and countless exercises, long hours, and piles of smelly uniforms. It's been an honor to be part of the military family, despite it all, and in that spirit ...

I am so excited and very proud to announce that I am the newest member of Operation: Love ReUnited.


What is Operation: Love ReUnited ("OpLove")? It's a non-profit organization that provides photography services for military personnel and their families for free!

I've been doing homecomings for free for a while now, because I've been there - I know the nervous/anxiety/excitement and really, the last thing you want to try to remember is a camera or taking a picture.


So, what does this mean?

Members of the Armed Forces and their immediate family members  may book a session with me AT NO COST prior to or at deployment, as well as homecomings from a deployment overseas that is at least four months long (unaccompanied tours do not count, i.e. Korea)! In addition to that, depending on the type of session, either a book of 4x6 images or a CD of images will be given to the family AT NO COST.

How awesome is that?

I am so pumped about this, especially with our upcoming move in August to Colorado Springs. Colorado Springs is home to Peterson Air Force Base, Schriever Air Force Base, Fort Carson as well as the US Air Force Academy.

Interested in booking a session or want to know more information? Please email me at AshleyDurhamPhotography@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment