Friday, February 4, 2011

A Hero's Homecoming!

When one of my favorite friends in Minot, Maria, asked me to accompany her and her beautiful daughter Bella to the airport to welcome home her husband Jorge - I jumped at the chance. I've been taking pictures of Maria and Bella for the last 6 months but had yet to meet Jorge, because he had been overseas serving in Afghanistan ... and yesterday, he FINALLY came home! It was a bit extra special for me because Jorge had been stationed at the same base that my own husband was deployed to in 2008-2009 - and this was also Maria's first deployment experience. It was a real "full circle" moment for me, and I feel so blessed to be part of her special day.

Here are just a few of the pictures from Senior Airman Castro's deployment homecoming!









A big thank you ... a huge, ginormous and very grateful thank you ... goes out to SrA Castro and his family. Your sacrifices, hard work and patriotism are appreciated - God bless you!...





If you or someone you know is expecting a hero to come home soon to the Minot area, I would love to be there to capture this special time for you. As a thank you to all men and women in uniform, this is a service I offer entirely for free. If you have any questions, please email me at AshleyDurhamPhotography@gmail.com or call me at 701.200.2368.

No comments:

Post a Comment